I.Research & Development Cell (RDC):
Dr.S.Vasthsal, Dr.Udaya Kiran and G.Madhu Asst.Prof. Will be coordinators for the cell and assist Dr.B.L.Raju for getting projects and funds from different institutions.Dr.Vathsal informed that projects are available from BHEL, DRDO, etc.Chairman suggested that projects shall be identified in JBIET and then approach the organizations for funding. The cell may also apply to MODROB for EEE and Mechanical Department projects.
The R&D cell shall explore the projects for funding and the projects in pipe line.
Extraordinary developments have been taking place in the fields of Science and Technology. But there is usually a considerable time lag, of some decades, before they reach the common man and the common student. This Cell, therefore, is envisaged to help disseminate this knowledge. Secondly, ever–increasing specialization severely narrows down—like the cardiac specialist bothering only about the heart. A holistic appreciation of all specializations becomes necessary for true progress. The periodic programs, to be organized by the Cell, should give this global understanding, especially to the student community, through the participating members of the teaching staff pertaining to JBIET.
To begin with, the Cell decided to organize technical sessions and seminars. The EDC Cell team have presented some R & D projects. More details about these projects will be published in near future.Technological advances in the fields of Communication, Transportation, and Information Processing have brought the human communities nearer in an unprecedented manner. Among other things, this also dramatically increased our power to endanger the environment and all forms of LIFE, including our own. Our continued survival depends on the healthy maintenance of global resources and other bio-communities. Corporations and Nations are beginning to recognize the need to shift priorities from the merely economical to the holistic welfare of all LIFE.
The present world is moving, towards building a knowledge society.Reasearch and Development is a scientific tool to develop knowledge for increasing productivity in a nation for better GDP and GNP Economic growth depends on the above. Knowledge gathering starts in academic institutions. By creating innovations, new Knowledge can be generated and taught to students for which research and development is a must for academic pursuits. Presently any accreditation team visits for NBA or NAAC. They examine R&D potential in the institution.
Creating an R&D centre also helps students to do projects in the campus itself. The faculty development is faster if they guide B.Tech. and M.Tech. projects in house.
JNTU is currently insisting on getting Ph.D. for even appointing Associate professors. If a good R&D centre is available, new Ph.Ds can be trained and guided by senior faculty of the college.
In view of the above, it is suggested that JB group take up this task of setting up a R&D centre on priority basis.
MEMS & NEMS
Networking computer & sensors
CT scan & computer aided Tomography
Radar Signal processing
VLSI % Embedded systems
Satellite & Mobile communications
Renewable energy(solar,wind,biomass,bio Diesel, Tidal geothermal etc.)
Chemical Process Control
Application software Development
Digital signal processing
Defense Science & Technology
Space Science & Technology
Topics can be taken on priority basis. They are also to be on need basis.
Formulation of R&D policies:
Linking with offices, committees & panels which support research
Academic policies with JNTU
Administration of funded projects
Resolution of conflicts
Handling intellectual property
Encouraging patents, copyrights, trade marks and geographic indicators
Creating Doctoral & Post doctoral fellowships
Incentives for faculty & students research
Interaction with R & D labs
Travel budget for R & D
Conducting National & International conferences
Security & Safety
Role of women
Role of animals(bio tech) Animal house
Commercialization of research
Training of students & faculty on R & D culture
Formation of Research Advisory Committee
The members are:
In-house Journal of Research
II.Entrepreneur Development Cell (EDC):
1. Dr.D.V.S.Raju, Assoc.Prof, Mech Dept.-Dean.
2. Sri Mangilal, Assoc.Prof, Mech Dept.-Member and
3. Sri.T.P.Baru, JD (HR)-Member
EDC shall submit the application for registration with Entrepreneur Cell, New Delhi for sanction of funds for setting up of EDC for JBIET.The Cell shall also coordinate with Ministry of Small & Medium Enterprise(MSME) for Lectures, Seminars and Workshops to be conducted periodically(once in a month). They may also enter into MoU with agencies for entrepreneur development skills in students.
BE YOUR OWN BOSS START YOUR OWN ENTERPRISE Be the Job Generator Rather Than Job Seekers
In India, a large number of Technical Institutions of Higher Learning have emerged since the couple of decades, some comparable to the best institutions in the world, that are churning out a large number of Trained and Technical Manpower, Most of the Graduates/Post Graduates are looking for job opportunities rather than exploiting the opportunities in the present global scenario and setup their own ventures thus becoming job Generators rather than Job Seekers and pursue their higher studies.
In EDC Cell the students are provided with the knowledge in the following areas:
• FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE ON HIGHER EDUCATION
• MARKET ASSESSMENT
• INFORMATION OF SUPPORT AGENCIES
• CURRENT TRENDS OF COMPOSITE INDUSTRY
• KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CHARMS OF BEING AN ENTREPRENEUR
• MOTIVATE THE STUDENT TO BE A JOB CREATOR
• MAKE CREATIVE USE OF STUDENTS’ TALENTS AND SKILLS
• DIRECT INTERACTION WITH ENTREPRENEURS
• TIPS TO SUCCESSFULLY MANAGE STUDENTS’ OWN ENTERPRISE
III.Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC):
1. Dr.P.Kameshwari, HOD, MBA-Dean PG Students.
2. Dr.G.Jagmohan Das, HOD, Civil-Member, and
3. Sri.T.P.Baru, JD (HR)-Member
It is also suggested that Dr.Udaya Kiran to associate very actively with this Cell for Industry interaction since he is already engaged with research activities in industries.
Dr.Jagmohan Das with his vast experience and wide contacts requested to guide the Cell.
TEQIP Consultancy team from New Delhi is likely to visit JBIET during first week of March 2010.As per their requirement, the information & data to be furnished in the formats of the above Cells.
J.B.I.E.T has placed emphasis on the cultivation of strong links with the Industry for the past one decade and promotion of various Industrial activities by the Mentors and the students. In the present Globalization and Comp0etititve world to keep up the growing volume of Industrial Liaison activities and strengthen the growth and development of Interaction between Institute and Industry a separate cell (I I I Cell) is established this year i.e. Feb. 2010 to co-ordinates with all the faculties / mentors of JBIET and Industry.
OBJECTIVIES OF IIICell
• To have a closer linkage between Industry and Institute and promote research suited to Industry needs, and consultancy which creates a sense of owning among faculty members.
• To enable academics to take a sabbatical in Industries provides internships for students in industries, which will prepare the students better for entering the industry.
• To create an Industrial Chair (Room Provision) in the JBIET and to enable the appointment of experienced Industry resource persons as visiting faculty in JBIET.
• To take a membership with various professional associations and research organization in different fields and sectors to promote various forms of interactions.
• INAE(Indian National Academy of Engineering)
• CII(Confederation of Indian Industry)
• FAPCCI(Federation of Andhra Pradesh Chambers of Commerce & Industry)
• MSME( Micro & Small Medium Entrepreneurship)
• NHRD(National Human Resource Development)
DIFFERENT FORMS OF I.I.I.Cell AT JBIET:
• Product Development (Prototype)
• Solutions for field problems (Market – Survey etc.)
• Short Term Training programmes from IGNOU, Corporate Trainer etc. Technical Skills & Competitive Skills.
INDUSTRY INSTITUTE EXCHANGE
• Extension Lecture/Guest Lecture/A talk on various topics from visiting faculty from Industry(at least one session in a month).
• Practical Training Programmes / Short Term assignment to faculty members in industry.
• Industrial Projects / Live Projects under joint guidance (Industry Experts & Faculty) for students.
• Arranging visits to various industries for faculties & students at least once in a year.
ACTIVITES TO BE TAKEN UNDER I.I.I.CELL
A wide variety of activities has to be taken up in collaboration with Industry / Professional Association to improve the quality of pass outs.
• Industrial Training of Students & Staff : The students are to be provided training in the industries in the relevant fields and teachers are also exposed to Industry innovative.
• Industrial Visits
• Extension / Guest Lectures / Talk on various topics (Burning Topics, New Technology,Industry crisis etc.
• Project Work (Mini / Major Projects)
• Students Evaluation – Mock Interview / Mock Campus Drive, Group Discussions,Written Test by inviting Corporate Trainers / Corporate Recruiters.
• Research & Development Consultancy
• Career Guidance & Job Placement of students by organizing JOB MELA, Membership/MOU with Monster, Naukri, India Placement.com etc.