JB Institute of Engineering & Technology was established in the year 1997 under the umbrella of JB Group of Educational Institutions, Hyderabad. At present JBIET is a UGC Autonomous Institution and permanently affiliated to JNTU Hyderabad.
The Speedy development in the field of Information & Technology has accelerated the demand for the value based education in the stream of Engineering, Technology and Management which is qualitative, progressive and multidimensional in competitive global environment. We provide quality education beyond the four walls of classroom to cope up with the corporate world.
The aim of JBIET is not only to produce mere degree holders, but the bright, talented men and women equipped with all round development of personality. Our vision of the institute is to impart quality education with Life Skills in all core disciplines of knowledge by developing global leaders who are passionate, committed and confident to take initiative in the nation building and create a peaceful environment for WORK, WORKER AND WORKPLACE.
The vision of the Institute is To be a centre of excellence in engineering and management education, research and application of knowledge to benefit society with blend of ethical values and global perception. In order to achieve this vision, the following initiatives are in progress
1) Curricula Syllabi with multidisciplinary dynamics
1. Every department frames the curricula and syllabi with a multidisciplinary dynamic so that the team of students are able to get developed in problem solving skills, the problem statements from the industries.
2. The students can register for elective courses offered by other departments through the concept of open elective.
3. Mini projects and major projects are encouraged to be interdisciplinary in nature with a project team consisting of the students from different departments, towards maximizing the problem solving skills.
2) Industry Connect
The curricula and syllabi are developed and enriched with inputs from members from the industries. Industry professionals participate in the Board of studies, contributing towards enrichment of curricula and syllabi. The institution has signed number of MoUs with the industries to support curriculum enrichment, mini projects, main projects and internships.
3) Clean & Smart Campus:
JBIET Campus has been declared as Clean and smart campus by making it clean & green plastic free campus . The Institution is putting its effort to make the campus smart campus by providing solar panels, solar lighting system for the entire campus including the buildings. The Institute has Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) for providing wastewater treatment facility to recover the treated waste water for the use purpose. Recharge pit is available in the campus for water collection and use during summer seasons for gardening and other non-domestic purposes. The greenery on the campus is also getting expanded covering almost 30% of the area with attractive horticultural and ornamental plants. JBIET is emphasizing on less paper or paper-less office to reduce the burden of wastage on the campus as well as in the administration. JBIET has acquired the most modern and the customized ERP solution E-CAP with various modules. Due to all the above efforts, the entire campus is greener, looks beautiful and pollution free campus providing ideal environs for students and the employees to work with.
4) Incubation centre:
JBIET is having 3-tier innovation & Incubation ecosystem in place. At layer 1 there exists IIC to provide theoretical and other industrial input by interviews and interaction with top level innovators and thought leaders. At second level EDC does job of exposing students to Industry specially to start-up companies. It allows studs to interact directly with entrepreneurs at their work place,. It gives student a clear pic about running a status by exposing them to successful start-up complain. At top layer exists JBIIA does the process of complete hand holding of budding entrepreneurs by providing them expert advise on technologies and other necessary skills. It gives student financial support and office infrastructure support during 1st year of their entrepreneurship.
5) Skill Enhanced Initiative:
Inaguration of JB Skills HUB by JB Educational Society on Friday 4th May 2018. Prof.A.Venugopal Reddy Garu,Vice Chancellor JNTUH of graced function as Chief Guest.
Skills hub Comprises of
- Life Skills
- Employability Skills & Professional Skills
- Technical Skills.
- Life Skills:
- At JBIET of Educational Institutions, we are imparting skills (life & professional skills) to the students through Experiential Learning/ Activity Based Learning methodologies.
- Life Skills are those skills which enable an individual to be more competent in dealing with the day to day challenges in a positive way.
- Essentially, these skills must be acquired by observing, doing, feeling and thinking for effective learning, retention and future application.
- Professional skills are the core specializations’ skills and refers to Technical Skills/ Management Skills/ Pharmaceutical Skills, etc.
- Along with good technical understanding and subject knowledge, employers often outline a set of skills that they want from an employee. The skills like working in teams, Problem Solving, Self-Management, Organization Behaviour, literacy and numeracy relevant to the post, ICT knowledge, Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Ability to use own initiative and as well to follow instructions and Leadership Skills are necessary.
- UNICEF defines Life Skills as Behaviour Change or Behaviour Development approach designed to address the balance of three areas – Knowledge, Attitude & Skills and they lead to Outcome Based Education System which is very much different from Traditional Education System.
- Life Skills are essentially those abilities that help to promote physical, mental and emotional well-being and competence to face realities of life.
- WHO defines Life Skills as ‘abilities for adaptive and positive behaviour that enable individuals to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life’.
- Life Skills bring greater acceptance, better relationships and a healthy, positive life and enables individuals to translate knowledge (what one knows), attitudes and values (what one believes and feels) into actual skills/ abilities/ actions (what to do and how to do it?)
- Employability Skills & Professional Skills:
At JBIET we are not only imparting Life Skills/ Professional skills we are also imparting skills like Employability skills to our students
Employability Skills can be defined as the transferable skills needed by an individual to make them ‘employable’. Along with the good technical understanding and subject knowledge, employers often outline a set of skills that they want from an employee. These skills are what they believe will equip the employee to carry out their role to the best of their ability. Employability depends on your knowledge, skills, and attitudes, how you use those assets, and how you present them to employers.
Employability skills or "soft skills" are the key to workplace success.
Employability skills are a set of skills and behaviors that are necessary for every job. Employability skills are sometimes called soft skills, foundational skills, work-readiness skills, or job-readiness skills.
Employability skills allow you to:
- communicate with co-workers
- solve problems
- understand your role within the team
- make responsible choices, and
- take charge of your own career
Personal qualities, habits, and attitudes influence how you interact with others. Employers value employability skills because they are linked to how you get along with coworkers and customers, your job performance, and your career success.
Essential Employability Skills
- Be organized.
- Arrive to work on time, or early.
- Be dependable.
- Have a positive attitude toward work.
- Exert high levels of effort and perseverance.
- Complete tasks on time and accurately.
- Seek out information to improve skills.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Complete all tasks, even if unpleasant.
- Understand dress code or uniform guidelines.
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- Be friendly and polite.
- Respect supervisors and coworkers.
- Respond appropriately to customer requests.
- Ask for feedback.
- Take constructive criticism.
- Resolve conflicts calmly and appropriately.
- Read and understand written materials.
- Listen, understand, and ask questions.
- Follow directions.
- Express ideas clearly when speaking or writing.
- Learn the required technology and use it appropriately.
Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Accept change.
- Be willing to start, stop, and switch duties.
- Work calmly in busy environments.
- Start tasks without prompting.
- Ask questions to solve problems do the job better.
- Be comfortable working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Be sensitive to other peoples' needs.
- Take responsibility for own share of work.
- Contribute to team goals.
Ethics and Legal Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for own decisions and actions.
- Understand and follow company rules and procedures.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Act professionally and with maturity.
The general employability skills above help you to get hired and to keep any job. In addition, anyone who wants to advance in their careers and people working in higher-level jobs should have the following professional skills.
- Learn new skills and take on different projects.
- Serve on work committees.
- Take initiative and work with little supervision.
- Understand your industry and common business practices.
- Align your work goals with the mission and vision of your employer.
- Understand the different roles of coworkers.
- Coach and mentor others.
- Be willing to take risks.
- Be able to negotiate.
- Motivate and direct people as they work.
- Demonstrate efficiency.
- Seek to simplify processes.
- Save time or money for the company by analyzing business needs.
- Build partnerships and teams with coworkers.
Technical skills are important because nearly every job relies on different tools, programs and processes.
In JB group, no matter in which department a student is studying, having basic knowledge on recent trends and Technology place is very important role as many companies are trying to recruit students with Multi-Disciplinary.
So JB group has agreement with various institutions to meet the skill requirements of the industry and generate more employment.
Our Faculty and students were trained by prominent institutions like ICT, CISCO.
Some of the courses offered to our students are
- IOT: Internet of things
- R Programming
- Autodesk AutoCad
- Data Science & Big Data Analytics
- Introduction to Cloud Infra-structure
- Introduction to PHP
- Autodesk Inventory & Fusion
- Introduction to CISCO certifications.