LIBRARY AND INFORMATION CENTRE:
"LIBRARY IS A HEART OF THE INSTITUTION"
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
The Library and Information Centre is located in a spacious, well ventilated and illuminated Hall of 800 square meters, volumes including the books in Reference Section 50801. About 206 periodicals and journals (both National and International) and 10 prominent daily newspapers (English & Telugu) are made available in the Library. We are maintaining the SC/ST Book Bank (Volumes: 2526) with assistance of A.P.Social Welfare Department. We have non book printed material, 1170 audio –visual CD’s & DVD’s, 500 video CD’s &DVD and 250 floppies. The total seating capacity of library and information centre is 300.
Besides this we have 8 departmental libraries. Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electrical and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Information &Technology, Science & Humanities, Bio-Medical Engineering and Master of Computer Applications
The Library and Information Centre is completely automated and computerized (College Management Software). All the staff and students have free access to internet in the library. We are also providing access to online in IEEE Digital Library transactions. Our college is one of the few institutions in the state to have DELNET (Developing Library Network) facilities providing access to internet library loan system nearly 700 libraries in the country and SAARC Countries. We can access to all International journals through SONET (Society for Networking for Excellence in Technical Education). Adequate Reprographic facilities are available in the Library and Information Centre.
The following are the Library Services/Facilities:
• Computer and Printing
• Internet Inter Library Loan
• Power Back up
• Information Display & Notification
• New arrivals
• User orientation / Information literacy
• Digital Library
• Bring Digital Library to all the Class rooms
• C M S (College Management System) implement for remote area accessing of the Library facilities
Digital Library :
JBIET having Digital Library facility. The following features are available
It was product of Intel Tidal Data having capacity of 4 TB Capacity.
500 users can access simultaneously.
It is having the following features:
• Tidal Data Server
• Unified Library Server
• SATA Disks 1000 GB
• Storage Router
• e – learning Video Server Streamer
• Mail Server
• Proxy Server
• Print Server
• Server Management Software
• Client Access Manager
• 500 users capacity
The Library timings:
• 9.00AM to 8.30 PM
• Sunday’s Library will be opened from 10.00 AM to 2.00 PM
Librarian and 6 members of library staff under the over all advice and continues monitoring by the Librarian and the members of the Library Committee.
Staff of the Library and Information Centre:
||M.L.I.Sc.PGDLAN, M.Phil, (Ph.D), M.A, LL.B.
||K. Deena Abraham Babu
||V. Nanda Kishore
1. Electrical and Electronics Engineering Departmental Library
2. Electronics and Communication Engineering Departmental Library
3. Mechanical Engineering Departmental Library
4. Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology Engineering Departmental Library
5. Science and Humanities Departmental Library
6. Civil Engineering Departmental Library
7. Bio-Medical Engineering Departmental Library
8. Master of Business Administration Departmental Library
9. Jawahar Knowledge Centre.
Will be Updated soon...
Cells in JBIETMEMS & NEMSNetworking computer & sensors
CT scan & computer aided Tomography
Radar Signal processing
VLSI % Embedded systems
Satellite & Mobile communications
Renewable energy(solar,wind,biomass,bio Diesel, Tidal geothermal etc.)
Chemical Process Control
Application software Development
Digital signal processing
Defense Science & Technology
Space Science & Technology
I.Research & Development Cell (RDC):
Dr.S.Vasthsal, Dr.Udaya Kiran and G.Madhu Asst.Prof. Will be coordinators for the cell and assist Dr.B.L.Raju for getting projects and funds from different institutions.Dr.Vathsal informed that projects are available from BHEL, DRDO, etc.Chairman suggested that projects shall be identified in JBIET and then approach the organizations for funding. The cell may also apply to MODROB for EEE and Mechanical Department projects.
The R&D cell shall explore the projects for funding and the projects in pipe line.
Extraordinary developments have been taking place in the fields of Science and Technology. But there is usually a considerable time lag, of some decades, before they reach the common man and the common student. This Cell, therefore, is envisaged to help disseminate this knowledge. Secondly, ever–increasing specialization severely narrows down—like the cardiac specialist bothering only about the heart. A holistic appreciation of all specializations becomes necessary for true progress. The periodic programs, to be organized by the Cell, should give this global understanding, especially to the student community, through the participating members of the teaching staff pertaining to JBIET.
To begin with, the Cell decided to organize technical sessions and seminars. The EDC Cell team have presented some R & D projects. More details about these projects will be published in near future.Technological advances in the fields of Communication, Transportation, and Information Processing have brought the human communities nearer in an unprecedented manner. Among other things, this also dramatically increased our power to endanger the environment and all forms of LIFE, including our own. Our continued survival depends on the healthy maintenance of global resources and other bio-communities. Corporations and Nations are beginning to recognize the need to shift priorities from the merely economical to the holistic welfare of all LIFE.
The present world is moving, towards building a knowledge society.Reasearch and Development is a scientific tool to develop knowledge for increasing productivity in a nation for better GDP and GNP Economic growth depends on the above. Knowledge gathering starts in academic institutions. By creating innovations, new Knowledge can be generated and taught to students for which research and development is a must for academic pursuits. Presently any accreditation team visits for NBA or NAAC. They examine R&D potential in the institution.
Creating an R&D centre also helps students to do projects in the campus itself. The faculty development is faster if they guide B.Tech. and M.Tech. projects in house.
JNTU is currently insisting on getting Ph.D. for even appointing Associate professors. If a good R&D centre is available, new Ph.Ds can be trained and guided by senior faculty of the college.
In view of the above, it is suggested that JB group take up this task of setting up a R&D centre on priority basis.
Topics can be taken on priority basis. They are also to be on need basis.
Formulation of R&D policies:
- Linking with offices, committees & panels which support research
- Academic policies with JNTU
- Administration of funded projects
- Resolution of conflicts
- Handling intellectual property
- Encouraging patents, copyrights, trade marks and geographic indicators
- Consortium approach
- Creating Doctoral & Post doctoral fellowships
- Incentives for faculty & students research
- Foreign collaborations
- Industrial interaction
- Interaction with R & D labs
- Travel budget for R & D
- Conducting National & International conferences
- Security & Safety
- Role of women
- Role of animals(bio tech) Animal house
- Commercialization of research
- Training of students & faculty on R & D culture
- Research publications
Formation of Research Advisory committee
The members are:
In-house Journal of Research
- Chairman JB group (Chairman if Committee)
- Secretary JB group
- Principal of JBIET & JBREC & Medical College
- All HODS
- Director of R & D Centre (Convener)
- Finance officer
- R & D experts from sister organizations
- Peers for each topic
II.Entrepreneur Development Cell (EDC):
1. Dr.D.V.S.Raju, Assoc.Prof, Mech Dept.-Dean.
2. Sri Mangilal, Assoc.Prof, Mech Dept.-Member and
3. Sri.T.P.Baru, JD (HR)-Member
EDC shall submit the application for registration with Entrepreneur Cell, New Delhi for sanction of funds for setting up of EDC for JBIET.The Cell shall also coordinate with Ministry of Small & Medium Enterprise(MSME) for Lectures, Seminars and Workshops to be conducted periodically(once in a month). They may also enter into MoU with agencies for entrepreneur development skills in students.
BE YOUR OWN BOSS START YOUR OWN ENTERPRISE Be the Job Generator Rather Than Job Seekers
In India, a large number of Technical Institutions of Higher Learning have emerged since the couple of decades, some comparable to the best institutions in the world, that are churning out a large number of Trained and Technical Manpower, Most of the Graduates/Post Graduates are looking for job opportunities rather than exploiting the opportunities in the present global scenario and setup their own ventures thus becoming job Generators rather than Job Seekers and pursue their higher studies.
In EDC Cell the students are provided with the knowledge in the following areas:
• FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE ON HIGHER EDUCATION
• MARKET ASSESSMENT
• INFORMATION OF SUPPORT AGENCIES
• CURRENT TRENDS OF COMPOSITE INDUSTRY
• KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CHARMS OF BEING AN ENTREPRENEUR
• MOTIVATE THE STUDENT TO BE A JOB CREATOR
• MAKE CREATIVE USE OF STUDENTS’ TALENTS AND SKILLS
• DIRECT INTERACTION WITH ENTREPRENEURS
• TIPS TO SUCCESSFULLY MANAGE STUDENTS’ OWN ENTERPRISE
III.Training, Development and Placement Cell (TDPC):
1. Prof.V.V.Rangasai, HOD (T&PC)-Dean
2. Sri.K.V.Ranga Rao, Associate Prof., CSE-Member, and
3. Sri.T.P.Baru, JD (HR)-Member
The Cell shall conduct regular training programs for soft skills; invite entrepreneurs and industrialists for seminars and lectures.
The main objective of training and Placement cell at J.B.Institute of Engineering and Technology is to provide personal and career related support to the students with special emphasis on training the students on employability skills and ultimately provide placement in various Industries/Organizations by arranging campus recruitment drives.
Activities of the Cell:
1. To arrange training for the students in soft skills. For this we have allotted 2 hours per week for each section from second year onwards to cover communication skills and Analytical Skills.
2. To arrange Expert Lectures from out side institutions to train on Employability Skills.
3. Arrange workshops on GD and Interview Skills.
4. Intract with various Industries and establish MOU’s for Recruitment Drives and also for conducting Seminars to make the students aware of the Latest Trends in various areas.
5. To arrange before each recruitment drive a company/specific training session to make the students concentrate on the specific skills required for that Industry.
6. After completion of each recruitment drive, a feedback session for all the students so as to analyze and make the students aware of the reasons for not getting selected.
IV.Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC):
1. Prof.Rajesh Pershad, HOD, MBA-Dean.
2. Dr.G.Jagmohan Das, HOD, Civil-Member, and
3. Sri.T.P.Baru, JD (HR)-Member
It is also suggested that Dr.Udaya Kiran to associate very actively with this Cell for Industry interaction since he is already engaged with research activities in industries.
Dr.Jagmohan Das with his vast experience and wide contacts requested to guide the Cell.
TEQIP Consultancy team from New Delhi is likely to visit JBIET during first week of March 2010.As per their requirement, the information & data to be furnished in the formats of the above Cells.
J.B.I.E.T has placed emphasis on the cultivation of strong links with the Industry for the past one decade and promotion of various Industrial activities by the Mentors and the students. In the present Globalization and Comp0etititve world to keep up the growing volume of Industrial Liaison activities and strengthen the growth and development of Interaction between Institute and Industry a separate cell (I I I Cell) is established this year i.e. Feb. 2010 to co-ordinates with all the faculties / mentors of JBIET and Industry.
OBJECTIVIES OF IIICell
• To have a closer linkage between Industry and Institute and promote research suited to Industry needs, and consultancy which creates a sense of owning among faculty members.
• To enable academics to take a sabbatical in Industries provides internships for students in industries, which will prepare the students better for entering the industry.
• To create an Industrial Chair (Room Provision) in the JBIET and to enable the appointment of experienced Industry resource persons as visiting faculty in JBIET.
• To take a membership with various professional associations and research organization in different fields and sectors to promote various forms of interactions.
• INAE(Indian National Academy of Engineering)
• CII(Confederation of Indian Industry)
• FAPCCI(Federation of Andhra Pradesh Chambers of Commerce & Industry)
• MSME( Micro & Small Medium Entrepreneurship)
• NHRD(National Human Resource Development)
DIFFERENT FORMS OF I.I.I.Cell AT JBIET:
• Product Development (Prototype)
• Solutions for field problems (Market – Survey etc.)
• Short Term Training programmes from IGNOU, Corporate Trainer etc. Technical Skills & Competitive Skills.
INDUSTRY INSTITUTE EXCHANGE
• Extension Lecture/Guest Lecture/A talk on various topics from visiting faculty from Industry(at least one session in a month).
• Practical Training Programmes / Short Term assignment to faculty members in industry.
• Industrial Projects / Live Projects under joint guidance (Industry Experts & Faculty) for students.
• Arranging visits to various industries for faculties & students at least once in a year.
ACTIVITES TO BE TAKEN UNDER I.I.I.CELL
A wide variety of activities has to be taken up in collaboration with Industry / Professional
Association to improve the quality of pass outs.
• Industrial Training of Students & Staff : The students are to be provided training in the industries in the relevant fields and teachers are also exposed to Industry innovative.
• Industrial Visits
• Extension / Guest Lectures / Talk on various topics (Burning Topics, New Technology,Industry crisis etc.
• Project Work (Mini / Major Projects)
• Students Evaluation – Mock Interview / Mock Campus Drive, Group Discussions,Written Test by inviting Corporate Trainers / Corporate Recruiters.
• Research & Development Consultancy
• Career Guidance & Job Placement of students by organizing JOB MELA, Membership/MOU with Monster, Naukri, India Placement.com etc.
JB Group of Education institutes are providing hygienic hostel facility for engineering students were functioning since 14 SEP 04.We are having separate hostels, which consist of 162 rooms for boys and 96 rooms for girls with excellent facilities. We are having dedicated warden and some of the senior faculties will taking care of hostel residents.
The following facilities are provided to the inmates:
- Iron cot
- Mineral Water
- Library and internet facilities upto 7pm on weekdays
- Free medical check-ups and diagnostic checks
- Safe and secure environment conductive for studying
- Ragging free environment
Champions aren’t made in the games. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them – A desire, A dream, A vision.
The department of Physical Education mans one such champion who obtained distinction of training at the National Institute of Sports, Patiala.
Sports & Games is an indispensable part of our curriculum. By inculcating this habit of playing various games and sports, our students will be refining their personalities continuously, unleashing their mental and physical capabilities in perfect conscious. Whenever we engage ourselves in sporting activity, we get to face various known and unknown obstacles in our way. This learning process improves our mental stamina enabling us face the hardships of our day to day life and brings about sophistication in our personality traits.
Sports & Games as an essential factor boosts up our confidence, inculcates the fighting spirit, develops team spirit, adds harmony to the communal back ground, shapes our personality, re-defines our character, develops an urge for success, cultivates the habit of facing challenges, teaches us to respect the responsibilities and above all help us as a community to come together for a unified human task. Sports naturally serve as a vehicle for education, health, leadership and fair play. As Radhakrishnan rightly pointed, “The personality is the Union of our acts, potentialities and a complex unit of body, mind and spirit”. It is not a surprise and participation in athletics can enhance a student’s interest in learning. In JBIET, all students are encouraged to involve in some kind of physical activity either in college or off-site. Sports is available every evening as an enrichment activity. Team games are offered along with a wide range of other sports of their specific interest. Our college teams compete with other colleges and assert their importance in the college life.
The annual sports meet was organized and a total of 500 students participated in the sports meet-2008. This shows the enthusiasm and zeal of the students. 49 First Prizes and 49 Second Prizes were distributed among the players for various games (Cricket, Volleyball, Throw ball, Table Tennis, Chess, and Caroms) and events.
Achievements by our Students:
CH. RADHA KRISHNA REDDY
- Mech Branch 2/4 Participated all India Inter University “Soft Ball” Tournament held at Osmania University 2009 Hyderabad
- Participated Base Ball Senior Nationals held at Cuttack, Orisa.
- Mech Branch 2/4 4 Participated all India Inter University “Soft Ball” Tournament held at Osmania University 2009 Hyderabad
J.B.I.E.T encompasses a health center that could provide all the necessary first-aid and medical kits along with the necessary guidance from a medical assistant. The Institution has as a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Bhaskar General Hospital(established by J.B.Group of Management) for medical and diagnostic services both as Out Patients and In patients.
Three canteens are located within the campus to cater to faculty, staff and students at subsidized rates apart from the provision for separate seating arrangement for staff and students.
The Institute has already had an extension counter / sub-branch of Syndicate Bank at its campus to cater to the banking needs of the students, the staff and the institutional needs of J.B. Group of Educational Institutions and other neighboring Engineering and other educational institutions.
A Branch Post-office has been started in JBIET campus, with the co-operation of the Indian Postal Department to cater to the needs of the students, faculty of J.B. Group of Educational Institutions and other neighboring institutions in the area.
JBES is providing transport facility from nook and corner of the city to all it's institutes. The following are the different routes:
|Route 01 - From JNTU: - 7.25 a.m
|Route 02 - From KPHB: - 7.25 a.m
|Route 03 - From Shapur Nagar: - 7.15 a.m
|Route 04 - From Sainikpuri: - 7.15 a.m
|Route 05 - From Padmarao Nagar: - 7.40 a.m
|Route 06 - From Neredmet X Raods: - 7.25 a.m
|Route 07 - From A.S. Rao Nagar: - 7.15 a.m
|Route 08 - From L.B. Nagar: - 7.15 a.m
|Route 09 - From Shivam: - 7.25 a.m
|Route 10 - From Midhani: - 7.15 a.m
|Route 11 - From Alwal: - 7.20 a.m
|Route 12 - From Moulali: - 7.15 a.m
|Route 13 - From High Court Colony: - 7.10 a.m
|Route 14 - From Moti Nagar: - 7.35 a.m
|Route 15 - From Mehdipatnam: - 8.10 a.m
IEEE Student Branch
School Code: 41380423 Branch Code: 66231
It cannot be gainsaid that to have an IEEE Student Branch in an Institution brings credit to the institution. Since IEEE Student Branch is the top most professional body in the world. IEEE Student Branch(IEEE SB) ,JBIET was started on Sept 5, 2002 (Teacher's Day) with 70 members. The Students of subsequent batches have taken the initiative in getting the branch recognized by IEEE in 2002-03 and increasing the membership. IEEE SB, JBIET is one among the oldest Student Branches in Hyderabad today.
Joining IEEE as a student is one of the best decisions you will make in your career. IEEE Student membership includes all the benefits that a regular, full-paying member enjoys.
The IEEE Student Branch, JBIET office bearers are continuously working to increase strength further and aim to become the Student Branch with highest members. IEEE SB since its inception in 2003 is into organizing various technical events in the college such as organizing Guest Lectures, Workshops, group discussions, Technical debates, Seminars and Conferences.
It is gratified to note that IEEE Student Branch is organizing Infoquest , The National Conference and Technical Synposium every year. Infoquest was first started in the year 2003 by IEEE Student Branch and is continuing the tradition by conducting the event every year. Infoquest-2010 is organized in association with Student Activety Center(SAC), TechnoPIE,Clique,Thundriaz, Pharmacy and all other Branch Asscoaitions
Infoquest 2010, organized by IEEE SB was huge success adding another jewel to its crown.
Office bearers Of IEEE SB – 2010
Chief Advisor: Dr, V.V. Rao
Student Branch Counsellor: G.Sreenivasulu
Chair Person: Monalisa Pusti
Secretary: Ms. B. Keerthi Reddy
CSI Student Chapter
Will be update soon...
Student Activity Centre
The Student Activity Centre housing the student body of J.B.I.E.T - THE INTELLECTS has been started in the academic year 2002-2003 and has been successfully indulging in student activity in J.B.I.E.T.
The student activity centre successfully running under the guidance of Mr. B.V.K. Murthy (Asst. Prof Dept of M.E) and Mrs. V. Satyavani (Asst. Prof. Dept of S&H).
Student Activity Centre is run by talented and proactive team of young engineers in the making. The executive body of student activity centre for the period of 2008-2009 has a distinction of organizing four INXS in a row.
Our main motto is self discipline, self accountability, proactivity, commitment, dedication and involvement.
Our duties range from organizing all student activities to organizing our annual cultural fest i.e., INXS.
SAC has also been indulged in community service with the help of N.S.S.
An orientation for the fresh batch of students joining SAC was conducted by Mr. B.V.K.Murthy and Mrs. Satyavani.
The student body for the academic year of 2008-2009, was instated in the month of April 2008 by the outgoing President S.Bhaskar Raju .This year the student body will be instated by the outgoing President Anup.M.Natta.
Responsibilities for organizing various student activities are assigned to the members by the president.
Organizing student activities help us to boost our confidence help the students inculcate the fighting spirit, develop team spirit, harmony and personality character, and urge for success and habit of facing challenges.
When we encourage ourselves on student activities we get to face many known and unknown obstacles in our way this learning process will make us mentally strong enabling us, to face the problems in our day to day life thus enhancing personal traits.
Mr. B.V.K Murthy (Asst. Prof Dept of M.E).
Mrs. V. Satyavani (Asst. Prof. Dept of S&H).