Biotechnology Department was established at J.B.Institute of Engineering and Technology in the year 2008 with an intake of 60, well qualified staff and laboratories are there. Biotechnology is one of the newly emerging areas in engineering field by the combination of life sciences with technical subjects. The main aim of the department is to impart high quality training to students and staff to create and disseminate knowledge for the betterment of mankind. To establish a center of excellence in collaboration with various universities, industries, research laboratories and other agencies to meet the changing needs of society.
||M.Sc(Biochem),B.Ed, M.Tech, M.Phil, (Ph.D)
||Assoc.Professor & HOD
||R. Sandhya Rani
|| P. Pallavi
For the Benefit the students ,We are proving course Material from
Repudiated Institutes like.IIT etc. We have Digital library facility
,Which includes Video courses from Stanford university ,MIT,UCBERKELY, University of South CAROLINA, YALE, IGNOU, Indiana University, University of California, Western Kentuky University ..etc.
Useful links :
Will be Updated soon...
Research and Development
- Biochemistry Lab
- Cell Biology and Microbiology Lab
- Bio process Engineering Lab
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis Lab
- Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering Lab
- Advanced English Communication Skills Lab
- Plant Tissue Culture Lab
- Immunology Lab
- Bio informatics Lab
- Downstream Processing Lab
These are the areas of research conducting in the department:
- Extraction & Isolation of Industrial enzymes from fungal organisms
- Production of Pencillin from Pencillium sp
- Isolation of chitin from Shrimp waste and its utilization
- Jilu Jolly Hall Ticket No:09671A2303 secured II nd rank in JNTUH First year 2009 Acdemic result.
- S.Samanvitha , III rd Year attended “Banglore INDIA Bio 2010”: INDIA’S Biggest Biotech Show” from June 2 - 4, 2010 at Biocon Banglore .
- Krishna Manasa , III Year attended International conference on “Molecular Medicine” conducted at CHARUSAT University , Ahmedabad , Gujarat
- Neha Patel and I.Maitreyi III year won first prize in paper presentations in INFOQUEST -2010 Organized By JBIET and WON I Prize.
- Aanchal Agarwal III Year presented paper 8th National Level Techno - Curricural Consortium INFOQUEST -2010 Organized By JBIET.
- K. Virajini Pallavi Patnaik III Year presented paper in National Level Technical Symposium, ADVITIIYA ,Organized by TRR college.
- S.Praney Theja III Year presented paper in National Level Technical Symposium, ADVITIIYA ,Organized by TRR college.
- Neha Patel and Shashank.W III year presented paper in “SPARDHA “conducted by SNIST
- Sri Krishna Kartik Mokrala III Year was an Intern and volunteer for the event “The Next Best Practices of Intellectual Property Management" conducted by CII in July 2010.
- Jammalamadaka. Aruna Reg no : 2055 had won “GENNIS BOOK RECORD “ for the event SILICON ANDHRA II INTERNATIONAL KUCHIPUDI DANCE CONVENTION held at Gachibowli Stadium on 26th Dec 2011.
Prof. V. SREE KRISHNA Vice Principal & HOD of Biotech & BME
has authored a book entitled "COMPREHENSIVE NANOBIOTECHNOLOGY",
Published by M/s. New Age International(P). Ltd., Publishers,
New Delhi. A reference book for B.Tech Biotechnology. He has
authored 6 books of Biotechnology and allied subjects.
Prof. V. Sree Krishna has been awarded the following awards:
Dr.G .Poorna Gowri
- Environmentalist of the year 2006 by Mrs. Prathiba Patil President of India, in 2007 for his distinguished contribution in the field of fishery environmental Bio Technology.
- National Excellence award for Research and Publications by M/s. Sree Lakshmi Institute of women and rural Development, Dharwad, Karnataka.
has been awarded the following awards:
- “Best Teacher “ in the year 2004 by Audisankara college of Engineering and Technology.
Seminars & Workshops
- Comprehensive questionnaire in Chemistry Published by Fiitjee, Kalyan Kumar & V.Bhuvaneshwari
- “Studies on biosorption of Cadmium(II) ion from aquous solution using Syzygium cumini ,L.(plum leaves).” M.Sujtha, P.Kalpana*,D.A. Naidu,P.king & V.S.R.K.Prasad, Indian Chemical Engineering Congress at Annamalai University , Annamalai Nagar, Tamilnadu CHEMCON-2010, December 27-29, 2010.
- “Equilibrium & Kinetic Studies of biosorption of copper (II) ion from aqueous solution using Syzygium CuminiL”. M.Sujatha, S.Beena Lahari, D.A.Naidu, P.King & .S.R.K.Prasd.
Indian Chemical Engineering Congress at Annamalai University , Annamalai Nagar, Tamilnadu CHEMCON-2010, December 27-29, 2010.
- A guest lecture was conducted in the Department of Biotechnology on “Intellectual property rights” by Prof.P.J.Sudhakar guest lecturer in all universities of India, Hundred Degrees World Record Holder, International peace Ambassador, and so on 10th February, 2011 at M.N.R Auditorium, J.B Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- Work shop conducted by Department of Biotechnology, J.B Institute of Engineering and Technology in Association with Venture Institute of Biosciences ,Moosarambagh on “PCR and its Applications, HPLC and different Column Chromatography Techniques “ on 28th Feb and 1st March ,2011.
- VIII National Level Techno - Curricural Consortium INFOQUEST - 2010 Organized by the Department of Biotechnology, JBIET.on 20th Oct 2010.
- Department of Biotechnology conducted one day seminar cum workshop “BIOFUSION” in collaboration with CCMB Hyderabad and NEUGEN PHARMACEUTICALS Hyderabad.